Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chain of Hearts

I thought I’d rid myself of emptiness,
Filled in every hole in my heart,
Fixed all the cracks
I was wrong
There’s one more hole
The size of an abyss
Possible to fill
But not for me

I know what’s missing
Every detail of it
I could fill it in
But it would tear it all away from you,
Leave you with nothing
Even if it was filled,
Someone would lose what I had gained
Impossible to fix this link in the chain,
No soul left to fill this space
No energy to fix this poor place

Empty space
The one last place
Now I feel I’m fading
All my dreams are not worth saving
I will leave you with all I have
Before I waste away
All I have left to say
I love you

Fix my heart and ruin another’s
I just can’t bear the guilt
So I leave you now
You’ll find a way somehow
Just don’t look back
Continue on without me
You don’t need me
Find another… And leave me here
To drown in my selfish sea of emotions

1 comment:

  1. you say no one notices your emo poetry...
    I do ^w^ and though I know this is a true story. It's beautiful

    ReplyDelete