Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Broken Skies

These dying days
Are like the fading rays
Of sun
As the rain clouds take over
My azure skies
Falling to pieces

And like the town crier
I shout about
How much we're losing
The earth might as well burn now
For the shards of glass will
Cut us to ribbons

Glue won't fix all that's broken
Tape just won't cut it
I can't hold this together all alone
I'm not the one who can save us all
When the pieces fall
I'll be hiding in the brighter days

Tell me when you've fixed the sky
Paused in that second
Like a photograph
I'll store myself away
In a box
To prevent me from the impending doom
That you'll all face head on

Like a car crash
I'm suffering whiplash
My protective shell
Wasn't enough
To save me from smashing through the windshield
And landing on the pavement
So now my world is broken

No comments:

Post a Comment