Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cracking

The ground is cracking beneath me
The darkness I once stood on,
That engulfed me
Held me up so high
Away from everyone,
And everything

The light shines through this smudged glass
Cracked and dirty,
Broken, but held together
Running on this thinnest of ice
Cracking around me
Running

Away from all these fears and lies
Hiding myself in the blackness
In a place as dark as this,
No one can see your face
And you can't see their looks
Of sheer disgrace

This light thats breaking through
Shining like the dawn
Gives me hope,
Because even if I fall
The light will always catch me
And bring me down safely

The finest feathers fall from these wings
Sinking through the cracks
Glowing in the light beneath me
I will fly swiftly
Or fall slowly
Let this light keep glowing

So no matter where I'm going
I'll never hit the ground
And now my thoughts are slowing
This darkness is breaking underfoot
The light stopped glowing beneath
Instantly, I fall and hit the ground

Turns out this safety net wasn't so safe
Every candle burns out
Eventually all you have is wax
All things have their expiration date
And now
I guess this is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment