Wednesday, February 16, 2011

When Creativity Drys Up

What if we ran out of words?
Everything becomes cliche
Each phrase turns stale and eventually rots
What do we do when the creativity runs dry?

When invention loses its luster,
Art fails to shine,
And literature no longer inspires
How do we keep it flowing?

Am I losing myself?
Everything has its time to die
Eventually I will too
When will I run out of creativity?

I'm already low on fuel
Burning on empty
Toss some emotion on the fire
Watch as my inspiration burns higher

Passion put into art
Many hours of constant work
Ink stains the page,
Paint fills the canvas

Will we all lose this creativity?
Or is it an endless bounty?
Can we all think of new ideas?
There are only so many ideas to be tried.
I wonder when this "endless bounty" will fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment