Sunday, May 22, 2011

Homesick Dandelion Seed

I was blown away
Stolen from my home
The girl who took me,
Blew me away with all her hope

She whispered a secret into me
"Please let him love me,"
She said under her breath
With a fickle wish,

Her breath sent me away
The wind carried me for what seemed like miles
I landed in the dirt
And it began to rain

After a dark night
Filled with thunderous sounds and flashes of light
I began to become attached to my new home
I felt myself taking root

Now I stay here
Growing with the grass beside me
Eventually I got tall enough
To see above the grassy blades

I can see my old home
A dandelion sprouting
Not twenty yards from me
So close, and so far

For me to reach it
Would be an extreme feat
For I am attached to this new home
I am grounded, but I am homesick

No comments:

Post a Comment