Tuesday, May 17, 2011

'Human Nature' and 'Throw Me Away'

Human Nature

Human nature
Naturally you'd spill your secrets
If you were quite as human as I

The expression goes
You're only human
But is there more than human

Human nature
Naturally you'd tell me everything
Without me even asking

You always say you feel alone
Sometimes I don't even hear the words
I catch you staring at the phone

Human nature
Naturally calls you in
It's only natural you'd want to be with others

Others just as human as you
I see the loneliness in your eyes
So just reach out to me

Human nature
Pulls you closer
But you can't reach my outstretched hands

Don't you wish to be closer?
To me, or to the other people out there
We're all just waiting for that ring






Throw Me Away

I have been many places
I have seen the peaks of mountains
I have watched the desert fountains
Seen the beaches on the coast

But I am still disposable
Toss me away
Use me only once
Why did you make me this way?

I have been farther than you think
I have seen the grassy hills
I have seen California's windmills
Any sight you have seen

I was there beside you
But you threw me out
Used me once
And now I'm sitting in a landfill

We went there together
Remember when we saw Tonto
We watched the river's flow
I thought you'd be here forever

Wasn't I useful enough?
But your treatment was so rough
I thought I'd called your bluff
When I challenged you to throw me away

We saw Little Tokyo
Can you remember half these places we go?
We've seen lakes and even dusty trails
When your legs were about to fail

I revived your strength
I was there to replenish
I went a great length
To relinquish all I had to offer

I was there for you
But I was banished
And now all I see
Are mountains of black and white

You sent me off alone
Is this nay home
For the one that kept you going?
Now all I want, is for you to come back

No comments:

Post a Comment