Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just Me

It’s not just you who does it

Everyone does it

I’m "just like him"

Whoever he may be

I’m a similar guy

Just like the rest

Only difference is,

I love you

I’m the one who tries to stand out

In a pile of “hims”

I’m a generic brand of guys

But I set myself apart

By being the only one who can truthfully say “I love you”

I’m labeled as being just like him

I’m lucky if you say “he’s just like you”

Why should I be different?

I try to change for you

But no matter what, I’m exactly the same as him

I’ll never be, one of a kind

I’m the same as everyone

I try to go unnoticed

But when it comes to you

I want you to see me

I have feelings like everyone else

I am a generic person

A stereotypical “lover boy”

But, I do know one thing…

I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment