Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The world needs a sanctuary

The hopes we have and lies we tell

One leads to Heaven and the other Hell

The one place I can go to see

The darkness and light inside of me

Like a tsunami by the sea

I set the feelings free

This world has no love for anyone

Everyone lives to ignore or to shun

People are around to live and to love

To get what they want they push and they shove

Some steal and others fight

Leaving the others to beg in their plight

The place they seek cannot be found

A sanctuary that is guaranteed safe and sound

However none are here

To protect what we hold dear

As the ones alone sit and sigh

All loved ones are about to die

As much as we hate to live and to lie

I sit here in pain as I sigh

You kiss me on the cheek

I fall to the ground as my knees go weak

My sanctuary lies in your arms

I know our way shall come no harm

You walk away and smile at me

As I sigh so gleefully

Back and forth we go

Our love we try to show

Will we be together? Time will tell

One leads to Heaven and the other Hell.

2 comments: